Life isn’t meant to be easy, it’s meant to be LIVED. Sometimes happy, other times rough . . . but through every up and down, you learn lessons that make you STRONGER and WISER. Life flies by without any of us realizing it. Do you remember when you were in high school? College? Do you now have your own career, kids, family? The time flew by!
I was in high school approximately 5 years ago. I graduated from college approximately 3 years ago. I have been at my full time job for over 2 years now. Where has the time went? While I reflect back on those years, did I really appreciate every moment? Did I live my life to the fullest during those speeding years? This is something to look back and reflect on, then, think about how you can change it to where you can ensure you are living your life to the fullest.
How Do You Actually Live Your Life To The Fullest?
You always hear, “live your life to the fullest”, but how do you actually do that? Truthfully, it is very easy. You just have to be willing to change your outlook on life, savor every experience, and cherish every memory.
- Be True To Who You Are. You will never truly be happy if you are constantly trying to please others. Focus on what makes you happy. I am not saying to be selfish because that is an awful trait that can leave you feeling very empty. What I am saying is to not let anyone change your happiness. Be you and enjoy being you. Appreciate yourself and your accomplishments.
- Don’t Pay Attention To What Others Are Saying. People are always going to talk about you, no matter how nice you are. You will never change that. However, you can change how you react to these negative comments. Don’t dwell on them. I always think about how terrible these peoples lives must be. You do have to feel sorry for them. While you are out here living life to the fullest, they are focusing on all of the negative aspects of life. Just hope that they can latch on to your positive outlook on life and enjoy it as much as you do. 😊
- Quit Complaining. Quit Being Negative. Do not focus on complaining about your problems or looking at every situation negatively. Instead, focus on fixing your problems and looking at the positive aspect of every situation. You CAN fix your problems and turn a negative situation into a positive one.
- Create Your Own Opportunities. You do not have to wait for anyone else to become a successful person yourself. Get out there and create your own opportunities. Do not be afraid to take a step or a leap on your own. You never know what is going to happen in life so there is no better time to start creating your own opportunities then NOW!
- Live Like There Is No Tomorrow. Go to that concert, hang out with friends, and do those hobbies that you love! Everyday that goes by is a miracle. There are so many unforeseen things that can happen in this life. If you were told that you were going to die tomorrow, could you say that you lived your life to the fullest? As humans, we tend to not realize what we have until it is gone. Make the things that bring joy to your life a priority.
Living your life to the fullest is going to be different for everyone. I enjoy capturing moments in photos and creating scrapbooks so I can be reminded of the great memories. This method may not be for you. You may do things differently and keep objects to remind you of the past instead of photos. Everyone has a different way of living life to the fullest but the 5 suggestions above can help you to succeed at it! Start living you life today and enjoy every moment that you have left on this earth. You can check out the article, One Day At A Time, for inspiration through hard times.
THINK POSITIVELY, BE YOURSELF, AND LIVE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
– Nikki Breer