Mini chocolate chip cookie sandwiches are my favorite. I use to buy them from Walmart but I have come up with my own recipe and it is 10 times more delicious! The buttercream frosting just adds a delicious kick to these cookies.
✔ Use milk chocolate chips! They are tasty and give a smooth, silky texture.
✔ You may have to add heavy whipping cream to get the consistency you want for the butter cream frosting.
✔ I use the same recipe for these mini cookies as I do for my regular cookies. You can find the recipe here.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- Baking Sheet
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package mini milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
- In the stand mixer bowl, using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Add the vanilla extract and eggs and mix until fluffy.
- Mix in the flour mixture and continue mixing until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure proper mixing.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and use a spoon for form 1 tsp cookie dough balls and line them on the baking sheet. This cookie will spread a little so be sure to leave some room between each cookie.
- Bake at 350℉ for 8 minutes or until the edges of the cookie are slightly brown and the top is set. Remove the cookies from the oven and and cool them on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes. Then, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Butter Cream Frosting
- Use a mixer to mix the sugar and butter on low speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla and heavy whipping cream and begin to beat on medium speed until icing is thickened to the consistency you desire.
Mini Cookies Sandwiches
- Spread the frosting on one mini cookie and place another cookie on top.